Our commitment to our values is just one of the ways our team stands apart from the rest. At Shoreline, we demonstrate our values in every job we do. We lead by example through innovation, professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness within our community. This commitment and passion is reflected in the high level of craftsmanship we leave behind at every job site.
Active Job Postings
Carpenter/Framing – Full Time
Build residential & commercial docks on Okanagan Lake, based out of Kelowna.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Inspect and conduct repairs or maintenance when needed on equipment barges and tools
- Assigns tasks to assistant carpenter/framer
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Work in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete
- Works independently at designated work site
- Great hand dexterity and an eye for detail
- Good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials
- Ability to work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Good knowledge of English
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Good understanding of basic math
- Ability to work collaboratively with estimators
In-depth knowledge of construction process from material selection, techniques, tools and equipment to quality assurance and cost control. Ability to work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards.
Join us on our mission of improving Okanagan Lake’s foreshore!
If you’re interested in joining our team of dedicated professionals, we encourage you to apply for one of the career positions listed by getting in touch.